Some of my favorite memories revolve around going to sushi restaurants. I met my boyfriend’s parents for his 22 birthday at a sushi restaurant and innumerable other special events have been celebrated around a table at a sushi restaurant.
It’s all delicious, but one of my favorite parts is the salad you get. Actually, the dressing on the salad. It’s ginger-y and mild and creamy. It’s one of the few times I actually enjoy eating salad.
The only problem that I have with the dressing is that I am pretty sure it is mostly mayonnaise. I like mayonnaise as much as the next person but it’s not very low-calorie. This dressing is healthy, with apple cider vinegar, turmeric, and ginger. And, its based on carrots, so your eyesight will benefit.
Difficulty – Easy. Time – 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 inches of ginger
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Water, to thin
- Blend. Whirl all ingredients, except for the water, in a blender.
- Thin. If you need to thin the dressing, use water to a good consistency. Enjoy over lettuce or salad mix.
- If you find the dressing to tangy, add more oil or some mayonnaise.
- This dressing is really good with fake crab or turmeric roasted tofu.