Today, my brother really wanted to have pasta for dinner. Unfortunately, we did not have any pasta sauce to use. So we made some! It is really easy to make and a tool that most people should be able to make. Having a delicious pasta sauce in your toolbox is impressive, and no one needs to know just how easy it is!
Here is the recipe:
Time – 20 minutes
Difficulty – Easy
Serves – 2/3 depending on how saucy you like your noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced (About ½ cup chopped)
- 2 stalks celery
- 10 baby carrots, or 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (about 15 ounces)
- Saute the onions: In a saucepan, melt the butter, and then add the onion. Cook until onions are transparent, and then add the celery and carrots. Cook until tender, and then add the tomatoes.
- Simmer: Simmer for about 20 minutes, and then blend with a hand mixer or in a blender. Alternatively, you can leave it chunky. At this point, you can either add Parmesan cheese or top the pasta and sauce with cheese.
- Enameled pans would work best, but cast iron or aluminum would work.